Container houses are exactly what they sound like; houses made of steel containers that you see transporting goods everywhere in trains, trucks, and ships. From these huge Lego blocks, people build houses of all shapes and sizes. Transport containers give you the opportunity to be creative with the design of your home. With modular configurations and the ability to combine them to create areas of open space, transport containers offer you a strong, durable and original home. Container shipping houses are a choice for homeowners looking for lower construction and maintenance costs.
Advantages of container houses:
- Fast to build
- Location & versatility
Wooden houses are a more ecological and economic alternative than homes made of traditional brick and concrete. Wood is not only a part of nature, but its use is beneficial for the environment. These wooden homes are made from natural, non-petroleum materials that are recyclable and biodegradable and are also considered 'ecological'.
Advantages of wooden houses:
- Wood does not act as a thermal bridge, but as insulation, therefore keeping the house cool in the summer and warm in the winter, which makes it a much more sustainable construction house. Savings have been calculated to be between 50% and 60% per year in heating and air conditioning.
- The materials used for finishing can be any, from materials made of pressed wood, natural stone, artificial stone, tile, shale, etc., which minimizes construction maintenance.
- Wooden house interiors are warmed
- Among the family of wooden houses, houses are not pre-manufactured: they last longer than a traditional home and require less maintenance.
- Houses are built quickly and are 30% cheaper than traditional concrete and brick homes.
Disadvantages of wooden houses:
- You always have to be sure that the material is in perfect condition: careful with wood that is too humid and can contain rot.
- Insects, such as termites or dust beetles can damage the wood by making holes in it, which would affect the duration of your house or require renovation.
- As concerns maintenance, it has to be checked every once in a while, since it might need exterior paint, gap sealing, etc.